Oracle Service Bus – Upgrade to OEPE 220.127.116.11
Oracle recently released its Service Bus tool suite Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) 18.104.22.168. This Eclipse 3.6 Helios based version offers Oracle Coherence Tools and supports Weblogic Scripting Tools (WLST) via the PyDev Eclipse plugin. There are lots of other nice features added compared to 22.214.171.124.
But how do you install it in an existing environment without reinstalling OSB afterwards?
Simply unzipping the downloaded zip file into a new folder within the middleware home does not work. You won’t be able to create Oracle Service Bus Configuration projects. Or, if you open existing projects you will miss the ability to add Service Bus projects to Service Bus Configuration projects (Eclipse tries to move one folder physically into another instead).
In fact, there is not much to do to get it working:
- Download OEPE 126.96.36.199
- Unzip it into your middleware home. Mine is located at D:\Oracle\Middleware so I unzipped it into D:\Oracle\Middleware\oepe11_1_1_6_0
- Create a file named oracle.osb.ide.link in the directory D:\Oracle\Middleware\oepe11_1_1_6_0\dropins\
- Open the file in a text editor an insert the following line:
The path points to your OSB installation directory. Notice the forward slashes.
- Open the file D:\Oracle\Middleware\oepe11_1_1_6_0\eclipse.ini in a text editor
- Modify the memory arguments according to this:
- Add the following lines to the end of the file (adjust paths according to your environment):
That’s it. Start eclipse.exe. Some more tips probably ease your life:
- Create a fresh Eclipse workspace.
- This means all your runtime environments, servers and the like are gone. It’s vital to create the new ones with exactly the same names as they have got in the old workspace. Otherwise your OSB projects point to not existing resources and you will have a hard time getting everything back to work.
- Import all the OSB projects into the new workspace.
- If you have trouble with your existing Oracle Service Bus Configuration project, simply drop the old and create a new one. It is not much work to configure the target server and to add all the OSB projects to the OSB Configuration project via drag&drop.